My Beautiful Family

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Well, this is just embarressing....

I decided to click on my own blog address just to see what was going on, and now, frankly, I'm quite embarressed! I can't believe I haven't posted anything in almost a year! So, I'm just going to sum it up and move on!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas this year. Ryan really got into saying, "ho-ho-ho! erry ismas!!" So cute! He is quite the little happy toddler, running around and laughing most of the time. He's had to learn not to bite, hit, say no, and throw fits all within a few months! He has also learned to say/sing his ABC's count a little and can pretty much identify most shapes and colors-when he wants to! He's a bit stubborn like his Pop! He's starting to look a lot more like Rick, except for the blonde hair and blue eyes! Ryan turned two on January 31st. We had a modest party at our house. Can't believe he hardly fits in my lap to rock at night. My baby's growing up.

Grace impresses me everyday! Before she was born, or even conceived, we prayed that God would use her to make a difference for Him. I can't tell you how many times God has already used her in the lives of others. So many people tell me about her love and kindness she shows to everyone. She is touching lives for Him! She says she wants to be a missionary when she grows up, and I certainly don't put it past her! She's amazingly beautiful and sees the world as her own little rescue mission. She is sooo ready for Kindergarten! I may try and teach her to read this summer. She's certainly ready. She turns 5 on March 25th. What a milestone!

Both kids got to experience their first real snowday!! We were all overly excited and took lots of pictures! Who would have ever thought when Grace prayed for snow, God would send 8 inches!

Rick's basketball season was, how should I put this, challenging?? This is a great school with great kiddos, but they haven't had a basketball coach stick around in quite a few years. Needless to say, Rick has his work cut out for him! We're here to stay, though, so hopefully in a couple of years we'll see a winning season!

My job in Mt. Pleasant as a Science teacher is going well. My team is great and the kids I have are good. I'm still praying for a position in Mt. Vernon to come open for next year. I really need to be at the school where the rest of my family goes! My heart is already here, now I just need to get my body here as well!

I'll be back on to post pictures soon!

No comments: