My Beautiful Family

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Halfway Mark!

I can't believe Eli's first birthday will be in less than 6 months! He is almost crawling, eating solids like a champ and desperately trying to sit up on his own. Time is flying by, as usual. The other night, I only got to see him for a few minutes that morning before work, so when I got home late that night, I snuck into his room and held his sleeping, sweet body for a few minutes. I felt his little hands and feet, and rubbed his soft head...he sighed so softly I could hardly hear it. I remember doing the same thing with Grace and Ryan on more than one occassion. It's like a short glimps of heaven, I'm sure of it. Why you might ask?

Soon, Eli will be pulling up, walking, trying to say words and getting into everything. Soon, he'll bring me books to read to him and laugh uncontrollably when we chase him. Soon, he'll be able to sing little songs and pick flowers....I can't wait, yet I dread it.

I know it's coming-that day when he'll pull away from me and want to do things on his own. The day when independence kicks in.
That's why...

No comments: