My Beautiful Family

Saturday, November 8, 2008

October has been pretty uneventful around here. Football season is FINALLY over and basketball begins this next week. The fall weather around here is just absolutely breathtaking. A far cry from Sugar Land's!! I can't say enough how nice it is to be back in East Texas.


This house is about to get the best of me. I've been fighting off mice and roaches ever since we moved in. Don't get me wrong, this is a nice little house. It just hasn't been kept clean and well taken care of in the past, so we're having to play catch up. I think I've found the last of the mice in the house and sealed up any entrances they may have been using, but I sometimes think I can still hear them in the walls! Hopefully they will just quietly leave or die leaving us a nice smell for a few weeks. The roaches....ugghhh... disgusting is all I can say. We have bombed the house and they have mostly gone, but we will continue to do so once a month until I see them completely gone. I still see about 2 or 3 a day. Let's just say I can deal with mice better than roaches!



Well, enough about the gross stuff! Ryan has been sick again (double ear infection and severe sinus infection) but we switched doctors this Friday and I feel confident that he's going to be completely well again soon and hopefully will stay that way for a long time. Here are some 9 month snapshots of him. He has his appt. in a couple more weeks with his new dr., but I do know he's weighing in at 22lbs and he's around 28 inches tall. He is trying desprately to learn how to walk! I think he'll be cruising around by Christmas!




Here too are some snapshots of Grace in her cheerleading outfit. She is so proud of it and goes down and cheers with the cheerleaders for a little while every Friday night. She's actually pretty good, but unless she wins the lottery, I don't see cheer anywhere in her near future except for play!

I think if you click on the picture you can see it a bit better. Anyway, she is such a big help these days and has started doing "chores" around the house. Kid's gotta earn their keep around here!
That's all I can think of for now! We're excited about the holiday's coming up and seeing everyone! Ryan has already decided he loves pumpkin pie. Grace, on the other hand, says she'll just stick with icecream!


No comments: