My Beautiful Family

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Back to School

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Ahhhh... the smell of a fresh box of new crayons. That, and the smell of tape at Christmas time and a freshly opened can of playdough, has to be the most welcoming smell in the world. Everything's new...the kids are new, the clothes are new, the supplies are new. A fresh start. Nothing like a fresh start!
I've always loved "Back to School". I get all gitty inside when I walk into WalMart and see the 3 or 4 isles of notebook paper, binders, folders, crayons, pens, pencils. It's like the world wakes up again after a long sleepy summer. Everyone's excited..except for highschool students I'm guessing! The smell of freshly cut grass on the school lawn covered in dew..love it! And who can resist the Tax Free Weekend?? You just have to go out and buy something, even if it's just a pair of socks! (In my case, I bought diapers!)
I have, from what I can tell, GREAT students this year!! I'm not sure what I was expecting teaching in such a small district, but let's just say I am pleasantly surprised! And talk about "bright"... my kiddos are over the top!! I'm amazed at what they seem to already know. It should be a good year!
Grace and Ryan have started daycare, AKA Nana's Playhouse and Learning Center. They LOVE it !!! Such a great place. Grace thinks she's died and gone to heaven!! When I wake her up each morning, she literally jumps out of bed in anticipation! Of course, Ryan doesn't really know what's going on. But he's always smiling when I leave and smiling when I pick him up!
I'm tired...pooped...drained... my house is a mess... but I'm excited about the new school year. Although I am counting down the days until Thanksgiving break!!

No comments: