My Beautiful Family

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gone Fishin'

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Yesterday we met my parents at Lake Martin State Park. It's a beautiful lake about 3 miles outside of Tatum. The campsite backed right up to the lake and the whole area was full of towering pines. We got there in the early morning and stayed till around 4 that evening just enjoying the outdoors and visiting. Grace and Rick took fishing lessons from Pop while Ryan hung out with mommy and Nana! This was Grace's second time to go fishing, and I must say, she handled things a lot better this time!! She caught about 8 little perch and only cried once! She just absolutely loves fishing (I guess that's a bit of Pop running through her!). Rick also caught a couple of larger fish and considers himself, and I quote, "a fisherman"!
Another highlight of our Saturday didn't happen until we returned home that evening. Ryan started scooting forwards for the first time! It's funny because I was just complaining to mom that morning about how lazy he was being only rolling to get around, and then he surprised us all by commando crawling across the living room! Guess he showed us
!

No comments: